Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Free Postcasts
















I envision a day coming soon when I will bid my car radio goodbye, and exclusively listen to Podcasts through my iPod. Why listen to programs that happen to be on the air when I can choose the programs I want? ... And listening to a Podcast let's me pause the program or song when I get out of the car so I don't miss a word.

One of the great offerings that is nudging me towards Podcasts over radio broadcasts is some of the great radio programs that are now available as Podcasts free for download. Many of the programs I'm downloading now are also commercial free for now as well.

Here are a few of the programs I've been listening to lately:

Clark Howard - This is a consumer advice show. His slogan is to teach people to "safe more, spend less, and avoid getting ripped off." I like it because I hear about new web sites and ways to safe money. It can also be a good source of advise on everything from mortgages to investing.

NPR Programs: Most NPR programs are now on Podcasts. This includes This American Life, Car Talk, Fresh Air, and Wait,Wait, Don't Tell Me.

Bands Under the Radar: This is a monthly Podcast I've been listening to a while that introduces a number of Indie bands each month. Its a good way to learn about new music.

No comments: